At LAVA LABS we are always searching for talented people to join our team. Bellow you will find some of the open positions.
To apply please send an email to email@example.com with the follwoing inforation:
- Full Name
- LinkedIn URL
- Phone number
- Bullet list of relevant experience
- Resume and/or cover letter
- Portfolio or any examples of your work
- Any other proof of exceptional talent
You are compulsive about learning new things, even if you’re not sure when you will use the knowledge. You pride yourself on being a good question-asker which allows you to refine vague instructions until you have a clear direction. You are comfortable with using power tools, but you’re careful enough to not make all of us uncomfortable with you using them. You probably even keep up with Industrial Design trends and practice your craft in spare time. To you, making things and solving problems is the most fun you could have at work, and that’s why you are reading this now.
In this role, you will
- Work on products that are meant to go into production.
- Make clients happy by understanding them and solving their problems.
- Identify constraints and risks on project objectives related to technical, cost, and schedule limitations.
- Create schematics and PCB layouts for projects ranging from proof of concept to high volume production
- Work collaboratively as part of a team with diverse skills.
- Provide excellent documentation for your designs from initial research to calculations to finished specifications for manufacturing.
- Minimum of BSEE or similar
- Experience with Hardware architecture definition and support of new design proposals
- Experience with Component selection, circuit design, and schematic capture
- Understanding of PCB best practices for design accuracy and signal integrity
- Proficient in troubleshooting, including debugging and board bring-up using logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, multimeters
- Experience with popular IoT wireless technologies like BLE, Cellular, WiFi, LoRa, etc
- Design for FCC/UL/IEC 60601 testing
- Bonus – RF design experience
- Bonus – firmware/C development experience
IOT Developer with Electrical and Mechanical Background
Looking for a multi-talented engineer to help with various hardware development/support tasks for the IoT industry.
Candidates must be located within the US and have skills and experience working in/with:
-PCB design, troubleshooting, and rework
-Firmware programming (nRF52, ESP32, MSP430, (RAK4630 a plus))
-Software programming (linux/bash, python, LUA)
-IoT RF connectivity (WiFi, cellular, BLE, LoRa/LoRaWAN, MQTT)
-IoT sensor connectivity (SPI, I2C, RS-232, RS-485, Modbus, etc)
-3D modeling software (Fusion 360)
-At least 3 years experience with design for manufacturing
Design Strategists, Project Manager
You love understanding people, and can uncover hidden needs and pain points that they might not even realize they have. You know how to translate these insights into tactical opportunities and guardrails that help teams design great solutions. You are compulsive about learning new things, even if you’re not sure when you will use the knowledge. You pride yourself on being a good question-asker which allows you to refine vague instructions until you have a clear direction. You are comfortable with a variety of research methods, and know when to use the right tool at the right time. You probably even keep up with User Research and Product Strategy trends in your spare time. To you, making things that solve real problems is the most fun you could have at work, and that’s why you are reading this now.
In this role, you will
- Work directly with clients to understand their priorities and success criteria to ensure Ovyl designs products that serve their business needs.
- Gather, unpack, and prioritize questions and assumptions, and then design a research plan that systematically answers the riskiest unknowns.
- Conduct primary and secondary research using a variety of methods, including interviews, diary studies, surveys, prototype testing, industry trend analysis, and good old-fashioned Googling.
- Translate research findings into product requirements that guide the product development process.
- Facilitate collaborative working sessions that bring the team along in the research, rather than execute your work in a vacuum.
- Create compelling presentations that articulate insights and recommendations.
- Work closely with the Head of Strategy to help Ovyl evolve and grow the Product Strategy practice.
- Demonstrable expertise in more than one of the following research methods, and familiarity with all: usability testing, contextual inquiry, survey design, focus groups, card sorting, diary studies, etc.
- Experience with Product Design and Development where the solutions evolved through iterative prototype testing.
- Experience writing design principles and product requirements.
- Comfortable in a highly technical environment where you will be working directly with Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Software Developers, etc.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, with the ability to advocate for the value of research when speaking to a skeptical audience.
- Experience with physical product design (vs. software) preferred but not required
- Current or previous titles likely include Design Strategist, Product Strategist, Innovation Strategist, UX Researcher, Product Designer, Service Designer, or similar
Engineering Design – CAD
You are an experienced CAD designer/engineer who is ready to work with our team to help develop new products that are usually a mix of a physical structure and electronics. You are a curious, self-starter that can help create the designs, generate models, run engineering tests, and be a significant contributor to the project. You are happy to work independently and consistently collaborate with our small team.
– Creating and drafting detailed 2D and 3D designs using CAD software
– Making corrections or revisions to the 2D or 3D models and contributing to an open design process
– Running engineering, stress, and technical tests on 3D models before prototyping
– Play a role in selecting ideal materials for the designs by analyzing database of material property information
– Designing complex layouts as per the specifications provided
– Reviewing design concepts and making recommendations
– Updating and maintaining design documentations
– Bachelor’s degree in Drafting, Engineering, Architecture, or a related field
– At least 4 years of work experience as a CAD Designer, CAD Engineer, or a similar role
– Experience creating complex models from scratch and working with various materials
– Familiarity with industry standard CAD software including Fusion 360, Autocad, Solidworks, etc.
– Up-to-date with the latest industry trends and developments
– Good time management and organizational skills
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
– Good communication and interpersonal skills
– Ability to work independently and collaboratively
– Detail-oriented and highly motivated individuals